Ink Fingerprinting in San Diego: Law Enforcement Approved!
- Fingerprint Technicians Certified by Department of Justice.
- NEW! E-fingerprinting printed to multiple fingerprint cards!
- San Diego Sheriff & Police Station Authorized Alternative.
- Ink Fingerprinting Experts – Quality Fingerprints Guaranteed.
- Fingerprinting Rolling Fee is Only $18.00!
- FBI FD-258 Ink Card Fingerprint Service (hard copy on paper card).
- IdentoGo & MorphoTrust Ink Fingerprint Service.
- FBI Channeler – Expedited Identity History Check (Rapsheet).
- FBI “National” Police Clearance Letters.
- Walk-ins Welcome, Appointments Accepted.
- San Diego Mobile Fingerprint Services.
Certified “Hard Card” Ink Fingerprinting Service.
Alive Scan is authorized by the California Department of Justice (DOJ) to finger print via Live Scan (digital) and FBI FD-258 Ink Cards. Applicants needing an FBI level criminal background check MUST be fingerprinted by a certified fingerprint specialist who signs, dates and enters their official FPC certification number. Alive Scan is San Diego’s trusted source for ink fingerprinting.
FBI Channeler Service in San Diego
Alive Scan is proud to announce that we are now offering FBI Channeler Services at our San Diego location. Applicants can now electronically submit for an FBI Criminal Background Check or Police Clearance and receive the report usually within 24 hours. This expedited service reduces the time it takes to receive the FBI Identity History Summary Check by months in most cases. The FBI Channeling Service is very common for Traveling and often required to meet VISA requirements to study abroad or teach overseas. Please visit our FBI Channeling webpage for more information.
NEW: E Fingerprint to Hard Cards
Need multiple ink fingerprint cards? Perfect solution for businesses that need licensing in multiple states. Alive Scan has the perfect solution – we fingerprint you electronically one time and print out as many FD-258 fingerprint cards as necessary. Do you need to mail fingerprint cards to become licensed in several states? Contact Alive Scan today for this new efficient digital fingerprint service.
Fingerprinting by San Diego Law Enforcement, Police and Sheriff Offices
California police departments and sheriff offices no longer offer ink fingerprinting to the general public. Many of our applicants are originally instructed to go to their local police station or sheriff office to be fingerprinted. However, most California law enforcement migrated away from providing a fingerprint service to the public in 2005. Alive Scan is now San Diego’s trusted alternative for live scan fingerprinting.
Why the “Ink Fingerprinting” instead of the digital “Live Scan” Fingerprints?
Ink Fingerprinting is typically required for out-of-state and out-of-country purposes. The livescan fingerprinting can be used to check your criminal history file at the California “State Level”. However, in order to process your “National Level” criminal history summary, you MUST submit an FD-258 ink fingerprint card to the FBI CJIS Division. NOTE: Alive Scan is proud to announce that we can now electronically expedite FBI criminal background reports as an approved FBI Channeler.
Some common FBI level fingerprint candidates include:
- Security Clearance Letters & FBI Criminal History Reports.
- Identity History Summary – AKA History Summary Request or Rap Sheet.
- Attorneys – Record Reviews to correct errors, expungement…
- Personal Background Check (Check for accuracy and errors).
- CAC Card – Common Access Card (DOD – Common Access Card
- CCW – Carry Concealed Weapons Applicants (including AZ, UT, VA…)
- Teaching Abroad / Teaching Overseas.
- Traveling Nurse (RN).
- Financial Sector – required by the SEC & FINRA.
- Visa & Immigration.
- SF-87 Fingerprinting – Typically used for Federal Jobs such as Customs and Border Patrol Applicants.
- Tax Preparers, CPAs for IRS e-File Approval.
Where Can I Purchase an FD-258 Ink Fingerprint Card?
People often find it difficult to obtain the required blue FBI FD 258 fingerprint card (aka Ten Print, Ink Card, Hard Card, Blue Card, Wet Fingerprints, Hard Copy, Paper Fingerprints…). Fortunately, Alive Scan provides these fingerprint cards “FREE” to our customers! The FD-258 fingerprint cards are the newer version with the “Privacy Act” statement on the back. If you just need a blank fingerprint card, you can purchase them for $5.00 each.
Our Ink Fingerprinting Guarantee
Alive Scan strives to capture the best quality fingerprints possible. Our success rate is very high. Occasionally, fingerprint cards get rejected because of low quality images. This is usually due to age. Although our fingerprint patterns never change, the ridge lines do get “worn down” as we age. Our fingerprint expert takes great pride in consistently producing the best possible prints. In fact we guarantee it! If your fingerprints are ever rejected due to poor quality prints, we will reprint at no charge.