Ink Fingerprinting in San Diego! Our trained fingerprint technicians are experienced with capturing quality fingerprints on the FBI FD-258 hard copy fingerprint cards. Need multiple ink fingerprint cards? New Service: Electronically capture fingerprints and print to multiple cards. Walk-ins are welcome! Mobile fingerprinting available.
Ink Fingerprinting in San Diego – FBI FD258 Hard Cards!
- Department of Justice (DOJ) Certified Fingerprint Technicians.
- San Diego Law Enforcement Authorized Alternative.
- NEW! Electronically capture once and print to multiple FD-258 cards!
- Fingerprinting Rolling Fee is just $23.00.
- Additional Cards are only $15.00 each.
- FBI FD-258 Ink Card Fingerprint Service (hard copy on paper fingerprint cards).
- FBI Channeler – Expedited Identity History Background Reports.
- Walk-ins Welcome, Appointments Accepted.
- San Diego Mobile Fingerprint Services.
Certified “Hard Card” Ink Fingerprinting Service.
Alive Scan is experienced with traditional Ink Fingerprinting services (blue-lined fingerprint cards). We are certified by the CA Department of Justice (DOJ) to finger print via Live Scan (digital) and manual fingerprint cards. Applicants needing an FBI level criminal background check MUST be fingerprinted by a certified fingerprint technician who signs, dates and enters their official FPC certification number. Alive Scan is San Diego’s trusted source for ink fingerprinting.
Mobile Ink Fingerprinting in San Diego
Need mobile fingerprinting services? We provide traveling ink fingerprinting services throughout San Diego. Please visit our Mobile Fingerprinting page for more information.
NEW: Electronic Fingerprint to Hard Cards
Need multiple ink fingerprint cards? Perfect solution for businesses that need licensing in multiple states. Alive Scan has the perfect solution – we fingerprint you electronically one time and print out as many FD-258 fingerprint cards as necessary. Do you need to mail fingerprint cards to become licensed in several states? Contact Alive Scan today for this new efficient digital fingerprint service.
Fingerprinting by San Diego Law Enforcement
Most California police departments and sheriff offices no longer offer ink fingerprinting to the general public. Many of our applicants are originally instructed to go to their local police station or sheriff office to be fingerprinted. However, most California law enforcement agencies migrated away from providing a fingerprint service to the public in 2005. Alive Scan is San Diego’s trusted alternative for ink card fingerprinting.
Why the “Ink Fingerprinting” instead of the digital “Live Scan” Fingerprints?
Ink Fingerprinting is typically required for out-of-state licensing and federal employment. The livescan fingerprinting can be used to check your criminal history file at the California “State Level”. However, in order to process your “National Level” background report, you must either submit your fingerprints to the FBI CJIS Division. Alive Scan also provides FBI Channeling services.
FBI Channeler Service
Alive Scan is proud to announce that we are now offering FBI Channeler Services at our San Diego location. This means we are approved to electronically capture and submit your fingerprints directly to the FBI to expedite your FBI criminal background reports. Now you can receive your FBI Criminal Background Check or Police Clearance (“National Level” background report) within 24 hours. This expedited service reduces the time it takes to receive the FBI Identity History Summary Check (IdHSC) by months in some cases. Please visit our FBI Channeling webpage for more information.
Some common FBI level fingerprint candidates include:
- Traveling Nurse (RN).
- Financial Sector – required by the SEC & FINRA.
- Security Clearance Letters & FBI Criminal History Reports.
- IdentoGo – Ink Fingerprint Cards required by IdentoGO.
- FBI Identity History Summary Check (IdHSC). (See FBI Channeling – expedited IdHSC)
- Attorneys – Record Reviews to correct errors, expungement…
- Personal Background Check (Check for accuracy and errors).
- CCW – Carry Concealed Weapons Applicants (including AZ, UT, VA…)
- Visa & Immigration.
- SF-87 Fingerprint Card – Typically used for Federal Jobs such as Customs and Border Patrol Applicants.
- Tax Preparers, CPAs for IRS e-File Approval.
Where Can I Purchase an FD-258 Ink Fingerprint Card?
People often find it difficult to obtain the required blue FBI FD 258 fingerprint card (aka Ten Print, Ink Card, Hard Card, Blue Card, Wet Fingerprints, Hard Copy, Paper Fingerprints…). Fortunately, Alive Scan provides these fingerprint cards “FREE” to our customers! The FD-258 fingerprint cards are the newer version with the “Privacy Act” statement on the back. If you just need a blank fingerprint card, you can purchase them for $5.00 each.
Our Ink Fingerprinting Guarantee
Alive Scan strives to capture the best quality fingerprints possible. Our success rate is very high. Occasionally, fingerprint cards get rejected because of low quality images. This is usually due to age. Although fingerprint patterns never change, the ridge lines do get “worn down” over time. Our fingerprint experts take great pride in consistently producing the best possible prints. If your fingerprints are ever rejected due to poor quality prints, we will reprint at no charge.