Italian Passport Photos and Visa Pictures in Our San Diego Studio
Italian Passport Photo Requirements and Specifications
- Two (2) identical color photographs of size 35 x 40mm.
- Close up of your head and top of your shoulders.
- Top of head to bottom of chins should be 29mm – 34mm.
- The passport photo should show the frontal view of the subject with a white background.
- The photographs should not be more than 6 months old.
- The passport photo specifications are similar to the standards adopted by the European Union (EU).
Italian Passport Photo Template from the Italia Consulate
Please verify with the Italia Consulate for the current Italian passport photo dimensions. Many sources are outdated and should first be verified. Most of Europe requires a 35mm x 45mm photograph. According to the Italian passport photo requirements from the Consulate of Italy, the pictures should be 35mm x 40mm however. Fortunately Alive Scan can take and print whatever size Visa picture or passport photo that your country requires. Contact our San Diego passport service for your Italian passport photo today! Here’s a link to the Italian Passport Photo Specifications pdf that includes examples.
Italian Visa Photograph Specifications
- Two (2) 2X2 inches
- Pale color or white background
- Full face, front view
- The photos must be identical
- The photos must have been taken within the last six months
- Photographs retouched so that your image is changed are unacceptable
- Do not wear a hat unless for religious reasons (if so, please include and explanation)
- Wear normal day-to-day attire. Do not wear uniforms
- If you normally wear a wig, hearing aid or prescription glasses, wear them for the photo.
General Visa & Passport Information For Italy
In case you are planning to visit Italy, you need a valid passport except for the citizens of some of the countries such as Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Switzerland, Chile, Costa Rica, United Kingdom, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, United States, and Venezuela. The citizens of these countries do not require a visa while entering as a tourist. They just require a document of identification instead of a passport. While applying for a visa to Italy, you have to submit the documents, such as application form, valid passport with one full blank page, as well as the evidence of sufficient funds to support your stay in the country. Apart from these documents, you need to provide one passport-size photograph with the visa application.
The photograph for Italy visa must be taken within past six months of applying for the visa, and should be pasted or stapled on the application form. The size of the photo must be 5 cm square (approx. 2 inches) with the head at the center of the frame. The visa photo can be color or black and white, but it needs to be taken against a white background. Head coverings or hats are not acceptable until they are used for religious beliefs. The head covering should not cover any part of applicant’s face. One is not allowed to wear sunglasses unless they are recommended for medical reasons, such as an eye patch.
Since the passport and visa requirements are liable to change at a short notice, hence the travelers are suggested to check the latest requirements with their respective embassies or consulates.